Learning About Yourself
My experience with Enneagram Testing has been an enlightening one. As I continue to discover who I am outside of a wife, now-ex wife and mom, of a soon to be man I struggle identifying who I am outside of those two labels. I heard about the Enneagram test on the RISE PODCAST with Rachel Hollis and had to learn more!
The Nine Enneagram Type Descriptions
- THE REFORMER | A Rational, Idealistic Type: Principled, Purposeful, Self-Controlled and Perfectionist
- THE HELPER | A Caring, Interpersonal Type: Generous, People-Pleasing and Possessive
- THE ACHIEVER | A Success-Oriented Type: Adaptive, Excelling, Driven and Image-Conscious
- THE INDIVIDUALIST | A Sensitive, Withdrawn Type: Expressive, Dramatic, Self-Absorbed and Temperamental
- THE INVESTIGATOR | A Intense, Cerebral Type: Perceptive, Innovative, Secretive and Isolated
- THE LOYALIST | A Committed, Security-Oriented Type: Engaging, Responsible, Anxious and Suspicious
- THE ENTHUSIAST | A Busy, Fun-Loving Type: Spontaneous, Versatile and Scattered
- THE CHALLENGER | A Powerful, Dominating Type: Self-Confident, Willful and Confrontational
- THE PEACEMAKER | A Easygoing, Self-Effacing Type: Reassuring, Agreeable and Complacent
I took the test, it takes a good 20-25 min. be HONEST with yourself or it will be useless. My type is the Type 2 The Helper. I wasn't surprise because I am very passionate about caring for people (in both my personal and professional life) and I am generous (sometimes to a fault). I wasn't comfortable with the term people-pleaser, since my perception of myself has been a "hate me or love me”. I have always known I was possessive, which isn't a quality I am proud of. I condoned and excused that part of myself because I was an only child, WISH it were that simple! I have more deep routed issues that stem from the death of my father and my grandmother in my formative adolescent years. My son going abroad this Summer and preparing for him to start his collegiate journey is bringing my possessiveness to the forefront. I am grateful I am a continuous learner, that helps me to embrace self-discovery. Doing this Enneagram Testing with a open mind has me seeking out deliberate methods to help with my possessiveness.
Have you taken the Enneagram Test? What enlightenment has its shown you? Please comment below.